Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pacquiao Unpassionate Boxer! - Tim Bradley Thinks

Tony Anderson, BET.com: “Tim, come June 9th, you’re gonna have the opportunity to shock the world. Tell me about seizing this opportunity.”




Timothy Bradley: “I have a lot of experience in seizing moments. One in particular, 2008, it was May 10. I went over to England to face the great Junior Witter. I can actually recall having $14 in my account the night I fought Junior Witter. I knew that this was the opportunity of a lifetime, I knew I had to win that fight that night in order to make money for my family. In order to go to another level in this boxing game. And to push my career to further heights. I knew that I was destined for greatness.”

BET.com: “What does this fight mean to you?”
Bradley: “This fight means 18 years of my life that I dedicated to this boxing game has finally boiled down to this moment. June 9th is do or die for me. Everything that I’ve ever done, everything that I’ve ever worked, every bag, every minute I’ve spent training, running, it boils down to this moment. They only come once in a lifetime. Sometimes people get lucky and it comes around another time, but I believe it only comes around one time. This is your opportunity. You have to seize the moment. This is your chance. You have to deliver. I have to deliver on June 9th.”

BET.com: “I know you’re not psychic, but in your opinion, what do you think this fight means to Manny Pacquiao?”

Bradley: “I don’t think he’s as as hungry as I am. He’s had his claim to fame. I think now, at this time in his life, he’s ready to move on. I think that he has a lot of money, he has a lot of fame. I think his mind is completely somewhere else. He doesn’t have the love that he had for boxing anymore. That’s what I think. He might tell you differently, but that’s just from what I see, just by looking at him. His whole faith has changed now, he’s all involved in his religion and stuff like that. I see where he’s going. He’s going off in a completely different direction. I don’t think boxing is his passion anymore.”

BET.com: “As a boxer, you’re a fan of boxing as well. And I think that we all want to see that Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather fight. In your opinion, why hasn’t that fight happened yet?”
Bradley: “I’m a boxing fan, I would love to see that fight happen. But the fact that I’m now in the mix, I don’t want to see that fight happen. I’d rather see Pacquiao-Bradley. You’re gonna have a better fight right there anyway. You’re gonna have a better fight with Bradley than you will Floyd. I’m gonna stand there and fight. I don’t think Floyd will stand there and fight.”

BET.com: “So for you, let’s take Tim Bradley out of the equation. Who is the best pound-for-pound fighter right now?”

Bradley: “On my list, I would put Pacquiao number one. The reason why, because Pacquiao is more active. He’s more active and he’s fighting more champions out there, and he’s been beating more guys than Floyd has recently. Now skill-for-skill, I go with Floyd Mayweather. Because he’s a technician, I think he’s the more skillful fighter, and I would favor him if they were ever to fight.”
BET.com: “They are two great fighters, but we’re here to talk about Tim Bradley. Your right hand, that straight right hand, is devastating. How are you gonna be able to get that off with such an unorthodox fighter?”

Bradley: “I’ve seen a lot of occasions where he gets hit with straight right hands. I can land it, I’m quick. I’m quicker than most of the guys he’s faced. I’m quicker than most of the sparring partners he’s sparred. The same thing could be said about him. I want to be able to do what I want in that ring. If I want to stand toe-to-toe and bang with him, I should be able to do that. If I wanna move around for 12 rounds, I should be able to do that. I get my body prepared for whatever he brings. If he wants a war, he can get one. We can do it. … I gotta put him on his butt. I gotta put this guy down or seriously put some hurting on him in order to get a decision. I believe that you gotta take it from the champion. You can’t just be comfortable with, ‘oh, well, he could’ve won the last round, he didn’t,’ I don’t want any excuses. You gotta try to win every single round.”

BET.com: “June 9th, Tim Bradley-Manny Pacquiao. What can we expect?”

No comments:

Post a Comment